Lack of clarity in Bundelkhand package: ChouhanBy ians • Feb 2nd, 2010 • Category: Business, politics
Bhopal, Feb 2, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has directed his officials to seek clarifications from the central government on the Rs.7,266 crore Bundelkhand package, an official said Tuesday.
The package was announced last year for the development of Bundelkhand region spread over Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
“During a meeting convened here specially to discuss implementation of the schemes in accordance with the package announced, the chief minister has instructed the officers that information on unclear points be obtained and suggestions regarding other schemes necessary for the development of Bundelkhand be submitted to the union government,” the official said.
“Several points in the package are not clear even today, though only two months in the current financial year are left. During this period, proposals are to be sent to different union ministries for sanction,” Chouhan said while chairing the meeting Monday.
The state government will get Rs.1,600 crore additional amount for six districts under the central government’s Rs.7,266 crore Bundelkhand package.
The package sanctioned by the central government for development of Bundelkhand region under Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh includes latter’s share of Rs.3,760 crore.
The six districts of Madhya Pradesh which fall in Bundelkhand region are Sagar, Damoh, Chhatarpur, Panna, Tikamgarh and Datia. The package has to be implemented in three years, including the current fiscal.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over Bundelkhand ruckus
- New Delhi, Nov 26, The Rajya Sabha was adjourned Thursday morning when a question on what the government was doing...
- Politics over Bundelkhand hots up in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhopal, Aug 2,The union government's move to set up a central development authority for the Bundelkhand region has heated up...
- Bundelkhand politics stalls both houses of parliament
- New Delhi, Aug 3, Both houses of parliament were adjourned Monday after noisy protests over the government's plan to set...
- Congress committed to development of Bundelkhand: Rahul
- New Delhi, July 31, Three days after he met the prime minister to seek a special package for the Bundelkhand...
- Madhya Pradesh opposes setting up of central body for Bundelkhand
- Bhopal, Aug 1, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh opposing the setting...