New Delhi, Oct 12, For the first time in two months, India reported no swine flu deaths, health authorities said Monday.
But 169 new cases were reported from the country, taking the total number of people affected due to the flu to 12,043.
So far, 389 people have died due to the contagious virus in the country. The first swine flu death was reported from Pune, the epicenter of the virus, Aug 3.
“Till date, samples from 64,524 people have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in government laboratories and a few private laboratories across the country and 12,043 (18.66 percent) of them have been found positive,” a statement issued here said.
“No fresh deaths have been reported during the day,” it added.
Of the 169 new cases, 47 were from Kerala alone.
It is followed by Delhi (42), Maharashtra (35), Tamil Nadu (20), Haryana (11), Andhra Pradesh (two) and Chandigarh (one).
- Three swine flu deaths take India’s toll to 489
- New Delhi, Nov 6, Three swine flu deaths were reported in the country Friday, taking the toll to 489, health...
- Seven swine flu deaths take India’s toll to 427
- New Delhi, Oct 21, Seven swine flu deaths were reported in India Wednesday, taking the toll due to Influenza A...
- 17 swine flu deaths take India’s toll to 257
- New Delhi, Sep 21, Seventeen swine flu deaths, ten of them in Karnataka alone, were reported Monday, taking the total...
- Five more swine flu deaths take India’s toll to 111
- New Delhi, Sep 3, Five more swine flu deaths were reported Thursday, taking the toll due to influenza A(H1N1) virus...
- India reports seven more swine flu deaths, toll now 100
- New Delhi, Aug 31, India Monday reported seven more swine flu deaths, four of them in Maharashtra, the state worst...