Goa police beef up security at sites visited by HeadleyBy ians • Feb 16th, 2010 • Category: Nation India
Panaji, Feb 16, The police have beefed up security at places reportedly frequented by US terror suspect David Coleman Headley during his week-long Goa visit last year.
Central intelligence agencies have forwarded to the Goa police a list of places which Headley is reported to have reconnoitred during his visit to the coastal tourism-oriented villages of Anjuna and Arambol, a senior police official told IANS Tuesday.
“The list comprises of places which Headley is supposed to have visited in Goa. We have already corroborated some of these inputs at the ground level and vigil at these sites has been increased,” the official said without naming the places.
Following the terror strike at Pune’s German Bakery Saturday, security for vital installations in the state had also been increased, Superintendent of Police (Security) Tony Fernandes told IANS.
“Dams, oil storage tanks, places of religious worship are now under 24-hour vigilance,” Fernandes said, adding that military installations including army and naval bases in the state were also on alert.
“There is no specific threat to these vital installations, but we are on a state of general alert,” Fernandes said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Ravinder Singh Yadav has already said that security for Chabad house — a Jewish prayer house in Anjuna which Headley is reported to have scouted — has also been increased.
- Goa yet to respond to New Delhi’s security questionnaire
- Panaji, Jan 13, The Goa government, which has warned of "spectacular acts of violence" in the state, hasn't responded to...
- We have no inputs on Headley’s Goa visit, say cops
- Panaji, Jan 5, There were no specific intelligence inputs that Mumbai terror suspect David Coleman Headley had visited Goa last...
- West Bengal government reviews security scenario
- Kolkata, Dec 15, The West Bengal government Tuesday held a high-level meeting to review the stepped up security arrangements across...
- No intelligence input on Headley’s stay in Goa: police
- Panaji, Dec 8, Goa Police Tuesday denied receiving any inputs from central intelligence agencies about the presence of terror suspect...
- Mumbai police probing Headley’s links with 26/11 attacks
- Mumbai, Nov 8,Mumbai Police are investigating the role of arrested US citizen David Coleman Headley to find out whether the...