Patna, Dec 26, People in this Bihar capital will miss beacon lights and sirens of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s cars for next five days as he has shifted to Rajgir, a famous tourist destination, to work in peace and away from the crowded and polluted urban pocket.
An official in the Chief Minister’s Office here said Saturday Nitish Kumar reached Rajgir Friday evening and would stay there till Dec 31 noon. “The entire chief minister’s secretariat and senior officials of the state administration have also shifted to Rajgir along with him,” the official told IANS.
The official said Nitish Kumar will hold a state cabinet meeting at the convention centre of the Shanti Stupa atop Gidhakuta Hills in Rajgir, about 100 km from here, on Dec 29.
In February this year, Nitish Kumar held a cabinet meeting in Barbighee village of Begusarai district.
Before leaving Patna the chief minister had said he was not going to Rajgir for a holiday but to work as usual.
Rajgir is the home district of Nitish Kumar. In last four years, he has announced various development projects in the district.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should apologise for Patna blasts: BJP
- Speaking at the Janata Dal (United)'s camp in Rajgir on Tuesday, the Bihar Chief Minister accusing Modi of telling lies...
- Bihar cabinet to meet aboard boats on the Ganga
- Patna, Dec 30, The Bihar government will hold a cabinet meeting aboard boats on the Ganga river here next month...
- Bonanza for Bihar’s 500,000 government employees
- Patna, Dec 29, The Bihar government Tuesday announced a bonanza for its 500,000 employees by deciding to adopt the pay-scales...
- I am in favour of smaller states: Nitish Kumar
- Patna, Dec 10, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Thursday he favoured the creation of more smaller states in the...
- Not in the race for PM post: Nitish Kumar
- Patna, May 2, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Saturday maintained that he was not in the running for the prime...